Libarc is a C++ library for accessing the contents of GZIP compressed ARC files generated by the Internet Archive's Heritrix web crawler. It provides the following services:
- Opening and scanning the contents of GZIP compressed ARC file. The library does not currently read CDX index files, though this feature will be added in a future release.
- You can get an iterator to walk over the contents of the ARC file member by member. You can specify a media type to limit the types members you see.
- You can access the information in the member's URL record and the response headers from the HTTP server.
In addition to the API reference documentation there are two other sources:
- You can access the member's data in a single API call.
Copyright © 2004 Basis Technology Corp.
Programming with libac
libarc API and shows examples of its use.
arcdump utility which provides support for extracting members from an ARC file.
All Rights Reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of Basis Technology Corporation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Special thanks to:
- Michael Stack of the Internet Archive for answering questions about the ARC and CDX file formats.
Generated on Tue Jun 8 21:30:14 2004 by